This week the RTN Winter School on Strings, Supergravity and Gauge Theories takes place here at CERN. On a deeply philosophical level, I noticed that running a blog for more than one year implies that some events are recurring. Maybe because they happen annually?
This year we have the following five series of lectures:
- Black hole microstates by Jan de Boer
- Supersymmetry phenomenology for string theorists by Gian Giudice
- Integrability and AdS/CFT by Nick Dorey
- Flux compactifications from gauged supergravities by Henning Samtleben
- Pure spinor formulation of string theory by Yaron Oz
The topics are more formal than usual; Beckenbauer obviously a bit of a surprise there. For this reason, you should not expect an extensive coverage this year.
Video recordings of all lectures are posted on school's web page.